Despite his unorthodox approach, uncounted Samsung sales and not a single televised performance, Jay-Z defied the odds and sold a whopping 528,000 copies of 'Magna Carta Holy Grail' in its first week of release to land his 13th leader.
Ciara, on the other hand, lands at No.2, but with measly sales that only totaled 59,000 copies, which does mark a vast improvement over the 37,000 that bought her last album, 2010's 'Basic Instinct'. Still, the low figure is quite disappointing considering her heavy promotional campaign that included a week-long residency on '106 & Park'.
01. Jay-Z - 'Magna Carta Holy Grail' (528,000)
02. Ciara - 'Ciara' (59,000)
03. J. Cole – 'Born Sinner' (40,000)
04. Florida Georgia Line - 'Here's To the Good Times' (33,000)
05. Imagine Dragons – 'Night Visions' (33,000)
06. Kanye West – 'Yeezus' (29,000)
07. Wale - 'The Gifted' (28,000)
08. Skylar Grey - 'Don't Look Down' (24,000)
09. Daft Punk – 'Random Access Memories' (23,000)
10. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - 'The Heist' (23,000)
You have read this articleBillboard 200 / Ciara / Jay-Z with the title US Charts: Jay-Z Takes 'Magna Carta Holy Grail' To No.1, Ciara's Comeback Falls Short. You can bookmark this page URL http://stuartsandford.blogspot.com/2013/07/us-charts-jay-z-takes-carta-holy-grail.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Thursday, July 18, 2013