Matthew McConaughey Charms On 'GQ' Cover

Matthew McConaughey : GQ (December 2013) photo 800x1122xmatthew-mcconaughey-gq-coverjpgpagespeedic62HoP4ufGY.jpg

He's coming off one of the most creatively inspiring years of his career, garnishing major Oscar buzz for his dramatic performances in 'Dallas Buyers Club' and now, Matthew McConaughey has been named Leading Man of the Year by GQ.

In the magazine's December issue, the Texas-born charmer talks about losing nearly 50 pounds for his role in the film and how it affected him both physically and mentally, saying: "I had one scene where I had to run from gamblers, damn that was hard. Before, I could have done that 500 times. The first time I took off running I made it from here to that door. My legs locked up and - bam! - I crumpled and went down. I went, 'Time out!'"

"That was kind of painful," the actor continued. "I didn't know my legs had gone into that much hibernation. I was pretty damn weak. But the energy I lost from the neck down got transported to the neck up. My mind was kind of hyper acute and aware and sharp."

Watch the trailer for his newest film 'Dallas Buyers Club', currently in theaters, beneath:

You have read this articleGQ (Magazine) / GQ Men of the Year / Matthew McConaughey with the title Matthew McConaughey Charms On 'GQ' Cover. You can bookmark this page URL http://stuartsandford.blogspot.com/2013/11/matthew-mcconaughey-charms-on-cover.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Comments "Matthew McConaughey Charms On 'GQ' Cover"

Post a Comment