Pop starlet Selena Gomez bumps Jay-Z out of the top spot on the Billboard 200 to claim her first No.1 album with 'Stars Dance', which moves 97,000 copies in its first week. That figure stands as highest sales week of her career and continues her trend of opening each of her four studio albums to a larger debut than its predecessor.
On the Hot 100, Robin Thicke fought off the huge sales of One Direction, who lands at No.2 with "Best Song Ever", to claim his eighth week at the summit on the chart with his T.I. and Pharrell-assisted cut "Blurred Lines". Peep the top 10 of both charts below:
01. Selena Gomez - 'Stars Dance'
02. Jay-Z - 'Magna Carta... Holy Grail'
03. 'Teen Beach Movie' Soundtrack
04. Kidz Bop Kids - 'Kidz Bop 24'
05. Marc Anthony - '3.0'
06. Florida Georgia Line - 'Here's To The Good Times'
07. Imagine Dragons - 'Night Visions'
08. We Came As Romans - 'Tracing Back Roots'
09. Various Artists - 'Rich Gang'
10. Justin Timberlake - 'The 20/20 Experience'
Billboard Hot 100
01. Robin Thicke featuring T.I. & Pharrell - "Blurred Lines"
02. One Direction - "Best Song Ever"
03. Miley Cyrus - "We Can't Stop"
04. Imagine Dragons - "Radioactive"
05. Daft Punk Featuring Pharrell Williams - "Get Lucky"
06. Bruno Mars - "Treasure"
07. Jay-Z featuring Justin Timberlake - "Holy Grail"
08. Anna Kendricks - "Cups (Pitch Perfect's When I'm Gone)"
09. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton - "Can't Hold Us"
10. Florida Georgia Line featuring Nelly - "Cruise"
You have read this articleBillboard 200 / Billboard Hot 100 / Robin Thicke / Selena Gomez with the title Billboard Charts: Selena Gomez Lands First No.1 Album, Robin Thicke Extends Hot 100 Run. You can bookmark this page URL http://stuartsandford.blogspot.com/2013/08/billboard-charts-selena-gomez-lands.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Thursday, August 1, 2013