Jennifer Lawrence: Gorgeous 'Vogue' Cover Girl

Jennifer Lawrence : Vogue (September 2013) photo jennifer-lawrence-vogue-cover.jpg

At just 23 years old, Jennifer Lawrence has landed the most covet cover of the year as she graces the September issue of Vogue magazine and the stunning 902-page issue is scheduled to arrive on newsstands on Tuesday, August 20th.

In the issue, the 'Hunger Games' star, who celebrated a birthday on August 15th, talks about why she decided to take on the franchise, her feelings on the paparazzi and why she chose to be an actress. Peep excerpts from her chat and another photo beneath:

On 'The Hunger Games':
"When Winter’s Bone was getting nominated. I had only done indies, and suddenly I was introduced to this brand-new world where I didn’t feel like myself. I was in these weird gowns and listening to people talk about things I didn’t understand. And I remember reading that in the book and being like, Oh, my God, I know exactly what this feels like. I don’t know what it’s like to get ready for your death, but I do know what it’s like to be almost a puppet. And then when I was making the second film, I had become more acquainted with that world, and I think that’s something that Katniss experiences. She is different when she comes back. She does feel more comfortable in the Capitol; she understands the people more, and it’s not as eerie and scary and unfamiliar. She kind of knows how to work the system."

On the Paparazzi:
"If I were just your average 23-year-old girl and I called the police to say that there were strange men sleeping on my lawn and following me to Starbucks, they would leap into action. But because I am a famous person, well, sorry, ma’am, there’s nothing we can do. It makes no sense… I am just not OK with it. It’s as simple as that. I am just a normal girl and a human being, and I haven’t been in this long enough to feel like this is my new normal. I’m not going to find peace with it."

On Why She Chose Acting:
"I know it sounds so stupid, but it was kind of like I finally found something people were telling me I was good at, which I had never heard, ever. And that was a big reason why my parents let me do this. One time, my mom was on the phone with my dad, saying, 'We're paying for therapy and all this medication, and we don't need it when she's here. She's happy.'"

Jennifer Lawrence : Vogue (September 2013) photo j-law-shoot1.jpg
You have read this articleJennifer Lawrence / Vogue (Magazine) with the title Jennifer Lawrence: Gorgeous 'Vogue' Cover Girl. You can bookmark this page URL http://stuartsandford.blogspot.com/2013/08/jennifer-lawrence-gorgeous-cover-girl.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Sunday, August 18, 2013

Comments "Jennifer Lawrence: Gorgeous 'Vogue' Cover Girl"

Post a Comment